August 11, 2010

Second Tytnn II Meltdown

In little more than two months, I have two problems with my HTC Tytnn II which had a hard reset. In both cases I let the power get too low and I tried a soft reset. What happens the first "Smart Mobility" is screen display, along with the version numbers for the radio, and it remains there instead of completing the rest of the boot process.

The first time this happened, I get past this screen was able after a few soft resets, I said to a screen to me that it was resetting it did. This time, no matter what I did, I was not able to get across the screen. I called HTC support and was told, "bad news to have to go to a hard reset make" loss of your data. Ok, I was already prepared for that. The support guy then said: "The good thing, just the HTC Windows Mobile 6.1 update for the Tytnn II, so if you wanted to install that you have done a hard reset, what is true.

So the question is how do I get a hard reset will force the screen. The magic key sequence to force a hard reset is here. Unfortunately, the key sequence does not help, I was always stuck on the same screen.

I then tried to run the Windows Mobile Update, but that did not work, because when I plugged the unit is on my desktop PC was not detected. I finally have the device in the bootloader by pressing and holding the Camera button, and then press the soft reset button and release when the two boot loader screen appeared. connected with the bootloader until I the unit in my desktop, detected at which point the USB connection and the Windows Mobile update was successful.

So in the end everything is good, and I synchronize the device with an Exchange server that was all my data back quickly and happened since the last time I use the whole cab files copied to the applications to my memory card, I could pretty quickly all my applications. For now the device seems to be going well, although I admit that two occurrences of this in a few months does not have reassurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please insert your comments below