August 29, 2010

Putting it all together: searching for Pocket PC phone


When I decided that I need to replace my horribly outdated cell phone Nextel i1000plus-old-my thoughts eventually wandered to a PDA phone. For those who know me, it's probably seemed no brainer. I have long pda dependence going back years for Palm 3 x. However I had a PDA that I was very happy with. Over the past 18 months I used my HP iPAQ 2215 for everything from A PDA (personal digital assistant), e-book reader, MP3 player, photo wallet, wake up service/alarm clock, mobile Web browser (using wifi Compact Flash card), among many other things. Trying to cram the phone in all of this seems overwhelming, but the curiosity and my need for a new gadget-got the better of me. My search was a double-look for a new mobile phone and a new supplier. With my current cellular provider I haven't received any reception in my home so that I needed to find a carrier that did.

Through various unscientific tools such as my own opinion polls friends and work Associates, together with some Internet research, I whittled their way down to Cingular and Verizon. For example, tend to be highly appreciated by the users, I typed, from research on the Internet. This part of the equation, I went online to see which phones each had to offer.I was ready to go with a 2 year commitment in hopes of getting a better deal on phone and plan pricing in addition I would like to receive a group where my wife and I could share minutes.

So now I look at the relevant sites of each company for their modern Pocket PC phones.I'm not talking about smart phones-phones with Pocket PC software is stuck in the teeny tiny screen that didn't even touch screen-it just would not satisfy my needs. I'm talking about a full blown, "why do you speak into your calculator?"Pocket PC phones-uber Geek, pocket protector incorporated a powerhouse micro computer. In the end I'm married now, and I really don't care about public opinion or impressing anyone with my sleek, stylish, sexy new cell phone.

I was hoping to spend around $ 300.00. I think I can sell my iPAQ 2215 on eBay for $ 200.00 + $ 100 hours for a new phone seems like a really good deal.

So what I think is one heck of a pricelist. Verizon has much to say about Treo 700. This is the first Treo, Pocket PC operating system is Windows Mobile 5.0. It costs $ 500.Way too expensive for me and he didn't even have WiFi.

Cingular best PDA phone is much better than I could get HP iPAQ hw6510 for $ 400.00. again without wifi. This is the real sticking point for me.I don't see any reason why major specifications will leave a chat to connect to 802 .11b/g wireless network if necessary.

OK back to the drawing board, maybe I can try it from different angles-eBay.

Searched for "Pocket PC phone" on eBay, gets many hits with a good assortment of new and old phones and Pocket PC.At this point I think I could get something might be a little box that meets all my requirements.It will also give me a good cross-section of exactly what's there and what features are available in this type of gadget.
Having gone through quite a few auction descriptions and cross-references manufacturer Web sites I have set my sites on a particular Phone Siemens SX66.This is especially mobile phone/PDA with a list of suggested Cingular, until recently, and he never showed up on their website.It seemed to fit my wishlist: a fast 400 MHz xscale Processor, Bluetooth, wifi, SDIO slot and a slide-out keyboard for typing so I watched several auctions and keep an eye on prices.

But sometimes you just have to get off the Internet and hit the bricks and mortar. I went to my local Verizon and Cingular stores and talked about the plans, I was looking for sales reps. I am not impressed with my long waits at Verizon Wireless or pushy salesman that I got he seems to think he knew that simply I need and shows me the phones and plans that I'm just not interested in.

I have had the experience of different Cingular store. Sales showed me a card you have cell coverage around my house, he told me about the plans that I saw on the site, and when I told him that I look at Siemens SX66 Pocket PC phone on eBay, he went to the back of the store and come out with the latest SX66,. I signed two-year deal with Cingular that night with a heck of a lot on the Pocket PC phone that all product specifications what I was looking for.

And you know what? I can even speak about my Siemens SX66 sitting in my living room.







This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

1 comment:

  1. Folks who are able to expend money on this to increase twitter followers quickly might very easily get exposure for their merchandise immediately. here you can buy twitter followers

    ReplyDelete

Please insert your comments below